Notice to Users
This Notice to Users is part of the Site Terms.
This website (the Site) contains information of a general nature. While Envoy strives to keep the Site accurate and current, errors may occur and information may become outdated. Envoy offers no guarantee as to the reliability of any text or image published on the Site and makes no representations to the User other than those expressly made to Customers upon or after their registration as such.
No Advice – All information on the Site is provided "as is" without warranty of any kind including all implied warranties and conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, title and non-infringement. Where the Site refers to laws or regulations, the User should appreciate that these differ from jurisdiction to jurisdiction, are likely to change over time and should be interpreted only in light of particular circumstances. Envoy recommends that you seek independent professional advice before acting upon any information on the Site.
Limitation of liability – Envoy does not warrant that the Site and any information, software or other material downloaded from the Site will be uninterrupted, error-free, omission-free or free of viruses or other harmful components. To the fullest extent permitted by law, neither Envoy nor any of its affiliates shall be liable for any direct, incidental, consequential, indirect or punitive damages arising out of any User's access to or use of the Site or any failure by Envoy to provide the Site. Envoy's liability for negligence, breach of contract or contravention of any law as a result of a failure to provide the Site or any part of it, or for any problems with the Site, which cannot be lawfully excluded, is limited, at Envoy's option and to the maximum extent permitted by law, to resupplying the Site or any part of it to the User, or to paying for the resupply of the Site or any part of it to the User.
Capitalised expressions in these Site Terms have meanings as follows:
Customer means a commercial entity which provides intellectual property services that is registered as a customer with Envoy and to whom Envoy has granted access, whether on a trial or continuing basis, to areas and functions of the Site that Envoy reserves for customers;
Envoy means Envoy International Limited, a company incorporated in Scotland under the Companies Acts under Registered Number SC341761 and having a place of business at Queens House, 29 St. Vincent Street, Glasgow G1 2DT, and, unless the subject or context requires otherwise, includes any successor or affiliate of Envoy;
Envoy Mark means any trademark, service mark, trade name, logo or graphic displayed on the Site except for those uploaded by a Customer with Envoy's permission to the Customer's area of the Site;
External Site means any website not owned or operated by Envoy;
Site means the www.envoyrenewals.com website operated by Envoy;
Site Terms means the terms and conditions, generally regulating the use of the Site; and
User means a natural person who visits, accesses or uses the Site for any purpose.
- 3.Intellectual Property
The Site, all content on the Site (including, without limitation, the design, text, graphics, software compilations and underlying source code) and each Envoy Mark is owned or licensed to Envoy and protected under United Kingdom and international copyright and trademark laws.
Envoy Marks may not be used for any purpose without the prior written permission of Envoy.
- 4.Limited Use Licence
- 1.Envoy grants to the User a limited licence to make personal use of the Site, subject to the Site Terms. Any unauthorised use terminates the limited licence granted by Envoy to the User.
- 2.Without Envoy's express written consent a User must not:
- 1.reproduce, duplicate, copy, download, sell or re-sell, visit or otherwise exploit for any commercial purpose any part of the Site;
- 2.frame or utilise framing techniques or other technology to display the Site, any content of the Site, or any Envoy Mark, on an External Site; or
- 3.use in a webpage any meta tag or other invisible or hidden text referencing the Envoy name or utilising an Envoy Mark.
- 3.The User agrees not to:
- 1.use the Site, its content or an Envoy Mark for any illegal purpose;
- 2.use the Site in any manner or for any purpose that would breach relevant laws in any applicable jurisdiction (including the User's local jurisdiction);
- 3.upload or transmit through the Site any computer malware including viruses, trojan horses, worms, or other malicious code, or do anything designed to interfere with or disturb the normal operating procedures of a computer;
- 4.upload or transmit through the Site any material which is defamatory, offensive or of an obscene or menacing character, or that may cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety;
- 5.use the Site in a way that may cause the Site to be interrupted, damaged or rendered less efficient or which may impair the effectiveness or functionality of the Site;
- 6.use the Site in any manner which violates or infringes the rights of any person, firm or company (including, but not limited to, rights of intellectual property, rights of confidentiality or rights of privacy); or
- 7.interfere with or diminish Envoy's right, title and interest in the Site and the services available on it.
- The Site may contain links to External Sites. Envoy is not required to maintain or update the links and makes no warranties and accepts no liability in relation to material contained on External Sites.
- Links to or from an External Site should not be construed as any endorsement, approval, recommendation or preference by Envoy of the owners or operators of the External Site, or for any information, products or services referred to on the External Site unless expressly indicated on the Site.
- Unless prohibited by any relevant law, an External Site may be linked to the home page of the Site, but not to any other part of the Site, provided that in the opinion of Envoy the link is made for fair and reasonable purposes, is not detrimental to Envoy's reputation and does not take commercial advantage of Envoy's goodwill.
- Permission to link to the Site may be withdrawn without notice.
- 6.Governing Law